Why is Slickdeals running the Beta App?
Slickdeals is moving to a new technology platform that allows the app to run faster and host more modern features.
What’s different about the app?
The Slickdeals Beta App is faster and will integrate with more modern devices. Temporarily, there may be some small features missing.
How do I test the Slickdeals Beta App for Android?
- If chosen, you'll receive an invitation directly from Slickdeals. No further steps can be completed until you receive this email.
- Then you'll opt-in to join the Slickdeals Beta App in the Slickdeals Play Store.
Installing the Beta App
How do I download the Slickdeals Beta App?
- Tap here to go to the Slickdeals Play Store listing
- Scroll down until you find “Developer Contact”
- Tap “Developer Contact” if it’s not already expanded
- Under “Join the beta,” tap “Join”
- Wait until “Slickdeals: Deals & Discounts (Beta)” appears
- Either tap Update or Open
Note: It can take up to an hour to receive the update to the app and/or an update to the Play Store.
Tips for downloading the beta app:
- It's possible you have multiple Google Accounts. Make sure you’re using the same Google Account email address you use to log in Google Play Store, that you originally used to download the Slickdeals app, and that you provided on the opt-in form.
- Remove or uninstall the current Slickdeals App then install the beta version.
- If you happen to try to open the link on your mobile phone and the link isn't opening the Play Store app.
- Please head to the Play Store app and search for "Slickdeals".
- Open the Play Store listing page for the Slickdeals app to continue through the instructions above.
Beta Gift Cards
I installed the beta. Where’s my Visa gift card?
Once Slickdeals verifies that you installed the Beta and met the eligibility requirements, you’ll receive an email from a member of the Slickdeals staff in 1-2 weeks requesting that you confirm information for gift card delivery. After you confirm, your gift card will be sent via an email from “Tremendous”. Check your spam folder if you don’t see it in your inbox.
How do I redeem my Visa gift card?
- In the email from “Tremendous”, tap “Redeem $7”
- Select your country and “Virtual Visa”
- Fill in the appropriate fields with your information and click “Activate $7 card”
Where’s my beta invitation?
Why do you ask for Google account information?
Beta app invitations must be sent to your Google email account. The invitations are required so you can use Google Play Store to operate the Slickdeals Beta App.
Beta Invite Associated with the Wrong Play Store Account
If you receive a message similar to what you see below, please reach out to email@example.com. Please share the email address listed on the Play Store page in order to receive an updated Beta invite.
How do we give feedback to Slickdeals?
There are two different ways you can give feedback:
- Provide feedback directly through the app (preferred)
- While in the app, tap on your profile icon (top left)
- Tap on the Settings icon (top right)
- Tap on “Give Feedback”
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Beta Feedback”
Why give feedback?
Slickdeals is all about shoppers helping shoppers save. Especially when we look out for one another. By testing the app and providing feedback, you help ensure there are no major issues before it’s released.
Beta Opt Out
How do I get the original version of the app back?
- Open the Play Store
- At the top right, tap your profile icon
- Tap Manage apps & devices Beta.
- Find the Slickdeals beta app
- Tap the app to open its detail page.
- Under “You’re a beta tester," tap Leave Leave.
Once that’s done, please send us an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Beta Opt-Out” and provide any feedback. Thanks!