Ad blockers are great tools to prevent seeing unwanted advertisements. Unfortunately, they also prevent certain features in the Slickdeals Extension from working properly. Here’s how to ensure your shopping trips will be registered when you have an ad blocker installed.
In order to ensure that you receive credit for your Cashback Rewards Eligible Transactions, please add the Slickdeals domain and the Slickdeals Extension as an exception to your ad blocker's block list.
Here are some tips to help you activate Cashback Rewards:
For Adblock or Adblock Plus:
- Click on the Adblock or Adblock Plus icon shown in the top right section of your browser (the icon might be hidden beneath a puzzle icon depending on your browser)
- Select the Settings icon in the top right section of the extension pop up
- Select the Filter lists option (or Whitelisted websites in Adblock Plus) from the left panel
- Copy/Paste the following URL into the Custom filter lists field (Whitelisted websites in Adblock Plus): https://slickdeals.net/attachment/extension/allowlist.txt
- Click on the Subcribe button or Add Website button and you’re all set!
For uBlock Origin:
- Click on the uBlock Origin icon shown in the top right section of your browser (the icon might be hidden beneath a puzzle icon depending on your browser)
- Select the Settings icon in the lower right section of the extension pop up
- Select the Filter lists tab at the top of the page
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and in the Custom section, select the checkbox next to Import
- Copy/Paste the following URL into the textbox: https://slickdeals.net/attachment/extension/allowlist.txt
- Click on the Apply changes button at the top of the page and you’re all set!
For other ad blockers:
Try going into your ad blocker settings and adding Slickdeals to the filter list.
If you still see ad blocker alerts after adding the filter, you can disable your ad blocker during your shopping session and re-enable after you've completed your purchase.
It's generally recommended that you disable your VPN during shopping sessions so that Cashback Rewards can provide you cashback for purchases made.
Running an ad blocker app/extension without adding Slickdeals as an exception to the block list can cause us to lose credit for the transaction and therefore don't have a record in order to pass cashback to you.